Pubs in Derbyshire have signed up to take part in Camra’s Community Pubs Month this April.
The new campaign has been organised to promote pubs as invaluable community assets and one of the key drivers is to encourage them to hold events to bring in new trade.
Derbyshire events include the following:
- The Barley Mow, Bonsall: Easter Beer Festival from April 6 to 9 with over 20 real ales and ciders.
- The Bridge Inn, Cotmanhay: ‘Community Needs a Heart’ scheme with events including live music and fundraising days.
- The White Lion, Sawley: Children’s Trust Race Night on April 19, with all proceeds going to the Children’s Trust charity.
Camra has also released a roll call of its local pubs of the year for the first time. Voted for by members of Camra’s 200-plus East Midlands branches, thee winners will now go on to compete in regional rounds, with one pub eventually going on to be crowned Camra’s National Pub of the Year early next year.
The Derbyshire winners are:
- Old Hall, Whitehough nr Chinley
- Devonshire Arms, South Normanton
- Chesterfield Arms, Chesterfield
- Five Lamps, Derby
- Dewdrop, Ilkeston
- Hunter’s Arms, Kilburn
- Flying Childers, Stanton-in-the-Peak
Has your Derbyshire pub got a story to tell? Let us know at http://www.tastetheseasons.co.uk/contact